Sunday, April 06, 2008

Kurli's garden in January


So much has happened in my life in the past six months:
My darling husband lost his battle with Prostate cancer;my son and family have moved from Darwin to Rockhampton; and my daughter's marriage has disintegrated.
But Nature keeps rolling through the seasons and these are viwes (over the fence) of the surroundings of Kurlis Kottage in January.
The red blossom in the background are those of the south African Tulip tree (Spathodea "something"
The varying greens of foliage in the foreground is Poinciana "regis"??

This pink blossom...also in neighbour's back yard is Euoedia......a rain forest tree of far north Queensland.It does not tolerate frost easily,but being close to the coast,seems to thrive.

Latterly, a view of my back yard before my Rosella bushes went to "jungle mania mode"
Go visit http://kenmaurscorner.blogspot .com to see how crazy they grew.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog and I must tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Please know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers daily. It is a difficult time. I realize this post was done a long time ago...but nevertheless I will be thinking of you in the next months.