Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wacky women & pincushions

 

Next month my youngest grand-daughter's school is holding a (fund raising) fete,and her mother is involved with the Crafts stall.
So,I've been puddling along,making pot holders,pin cushions and wacky women!
Kayla has done her bit too....when she was visitng a couple of weekends back,I had her cutting strips of fabric for the wacky wild women,and she also made her own to take home.

My thanks to Faery Di for the idea and sample.

The pin cushions I thought, could be used for storing brooches instead of sewing pins,and should be affordable for the kids to buy as Christmas presents for Mums,Grans,even end of year gift for teacher.
So far,one has been made to represent a cake.I must try a few more as wacky gifts.
A cake that doesn't end up on your hips.............
I like that! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Calidore said...

Love the Whacky women and the pincushions. Even Ashley was impressed! How's that for applause from a distance! Please details or a link for the whacky women - would love to have a go.

Anonymous said...

Maureen, those whacky women are a hoot! You friend from Calif. Judy