Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What have I done!

 
 
This is what my front yard looked like at 7am today!
Since then,the tree-loppers have arrived to do a clean-up!

For the longest time,I've delayed the decision about a short-back-and sides for the vegetation,because:
1.. it would upset all the birds that come to visit
2..make it difficult for the possums to have races on the roof
3..I hate leafless,branchless trees!

Okay,the men arrived and have been ruthless!

(I'll post pics later to show what I mean)
In the meantime I feel devastated at what I've permitted to happen.

My head says "It had to be done before the onset of the storm season"

My heart bleeds at the stark reality!

I can only pray that we have a good Spring/growing season and all returns to lush vegetation.

At least the northern side of the yard is still leafy, so the birds still have refuge and the possum box is undisturbed. Posted by Picasa

No comments: