Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Don't you love it when...........

................the quiet day you planned goes rapidly downhill before you even get out of bed!
Early this morning(well it was early for me because I'd planned a lie in,or as Darilyn puts it a beach day)
I was disturbed by a persistant horn beeping just after 7am;
finally curiousity got the better of me and there at our front gate was a good samaritan informing me that
"Your cattle are loose on the road.You'd better do SOMETHING!!"

Okay,we have land and cattle do graze there..............NOT our cattle though!
A neighbour gets free ajistment as long as he maintains fences and pasture.
Get back inside phone cattle owner to come round up his beasties and another neighbour phones.......:"do you know....??"
Finally get owner, do traffic warden bit slowing down traffic;
Breakfast is an hour and a half late;Said cattle owner returns from driving cattle back to their block and complains that "Your fence is down and that's where my cattle got out"
STIFF!
Anyway half morning is gone and so have my plans for a peaceful morning sewing.

Things I'm grateful for:
Good neighbours
Living in Australia
Summer is over
Strong black coffee to jump start me each morning

4 comments:

Jane said...

NOT the way to start the day!

Calidore said...

Should I send you an electrified cattle prod I wonder. Ashley could zip it up a bit. Guaranteed to get anything moving first thing in the morning...lol. I hope the rest of your week is better.

Hunter said...

Oh, no.

I think I'd be serving hamburgers for the rest of the year. ;)

Hope you can reschedule your Beach Day for tomorrow.

Darilyn

Maureen said...

Beach day this weekend D :-)